Do's and Don'ts with your battery.
- Think safety first; wear safety goggle and gloves when changing batteries.
- Do regular inspection and maintenance or water levels on connections, especially in hot weather.
- Recharge batteries immediately after discharge or at least the same day.
- Fully charge a battery before it goes into storage.
- Always use batteries of identical make, model and manufacturing code.
- Make sure the battery cable is not undersized for the battery system.
- Never add new electrolyte (battery acid), use distilled water.
- Don't use unregulated high output battery chargers to charge batteries, especially AGM and Gel batteries.
- Don't put your equipment or toys (jet skis, vintage cars etc) into storage without some form of maintenance charger.
- Don't disconnect battery cables while the engine is running (your battery acts as a filter).
- Don't put off recharging your batteries.
- Don't add tap water, as it may contain minerals that may contaminate the electrolyte.
- Don't discharge the battery deeper than you possibly have to.
- Don't let a battery get hot to the touch and boil violently when charging.
- Don't mix size and type of batteries in battery banks.
If you would like any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.